Sunday 13 January 2008

Now that I've gotten the intro out of the way:

I can start writing proper blogs about proper subjects. COOL. It's currently 11:19am, so yes it is tomorrow. I'm kinda hesitant to write about this, but oh well.

Somethings really annoy me. I mean the kind of things when I'm like "why do people believe this?"

Some examples are star signs (though yes, most people are just curious than actually believing them), fate, ghosts etc. Some more controversial ones would be God (though I don't really find believing in god annoying as such, just some people who reject what we know today in favour of what their religion says.) and uh the fact that people don't believe in evolution I guess?

I hate it when people reject logic for opinions. I don't mean stupid petty things, I mean like people who reject evolution because they like to think they're really special and that life didn't start out as single celled organisms. It's people who think that them wanting something somehow has an impact on its truth. The kind of "there's overwhelming evidence to say this happened, but I don't want to believe it happened so it didn't" kind of logic.

This is what I mean when I'm saying I hate when opinions get in the way of logic. Sometimes, opinions matter (almost all the time they matter, actually) but opinion has nothing to do with science or how physics work. It never will. The reason I'm saying I'm hesitant on posting this is because my friend got mad at for saying this, but it's part of who I am. I will never, ever, ever, EVER, respect an opinion from someone saying that something didn't happen when it DID and every scientist agrees. If somebody told me to respect their opinion that gravity didn't exist, I wouldn't respect it for example.

This is a quote that sums up EXACTLY what I don't believe.


"His purpose is not ideological, however. Instead, he proposes that it is the free will to choose or reject the logical as well as the illogical that makes mankind human. He adds: "I admit that two times two makes four is an excellent thing, but if we are to give everything its due, two times two makes five is sometimes a very charming thing too."


Y'know, I'm never going to agree with this. We should deny what we know sometimes because it makes us human? No it doesn't make us human, it makes us stupid. I'm never going to deny that 2+2=4 so I can be human enough for people. Nope.

No comments: